On 18 February 2017 at 12:21, gevisz <gev...@gmail.com> wrote:

> # emerge --update --deep --with-bdeps=y --newuse --backtrack=90 --ask
> world --verbose-conflicts --exclude chromium
>
> [ebuild   R    ] www-client/firefox-45.7.0  USE="(-gstreamer-0%)"
>
> What shall I do to solve this dependency conflict?
>
> Does it mean that I should use -gstreamer use flag while compiling firefox?
>
> Will it be possible to see youtube videos in FF, if I compile it
> without gstreamer?
>
> You'll notice that the gstreamer flag is disappearing from firefox, so it
will compile without that flag whether you want it to or not.

It seems the block is that someone wants to keep your ffmpeg at an older
version, while some package(s) wants to upgrade it.

Have you tried running the same command without excluding chromium? It
seems to be one of the culprits after all.

Alternatively, you can add gst-plugins-libav to the exclude, since it seems
that's the one pushing for the ffmpeg upgrde.

Regards,
Arve