On Sat, 18 Feb 2017 17:01:52 +0200, Gevisz wrote:

> > I think the problem is that you don't allow chromium to be rebuilt,
> > because all your blocking packages depend on the installed slot
> > (indicated by the '=') and need to be rebuilt in case ffmpeg is
> > upgraded. So, if you don't exclude chromium ffmpeg should be upgraded
> > and the blocking packages rebuilt/upgraded.
>
> Yes, you are right: with chromium everything started to compile without
> dependency conflicts. But chromium takes more than 8 hours on my
> computer to compile. :(

Well, the newer ffmpeg was required by vlc, so you could have tried
excluding that too. But chromium does take a while, although using ccache
makes a big difference here.

8 hours isn't that much of a problem anyway, just start it before you go
to bed.

--
Neil Bothwick

Just when you got it all figured out:  An UPGRADE!