On Dienstag, 7. März 2017 15:19:33 CET Grant Edwards wrote:
> No, as a rule I run stable gentoo-sources, and that's at 4.9.6-r1.

Ah, of course.  I'm using ~arch kernels ATM.  (As a btrfs user I was tracking
the most recent upstream stable series, but want to switch to LTS kernels now,
which happen to be the ones Gentoo stabilizes.  That is, unless a newer kernel
has something that I really, *really* want.)

> However, I'm a bit confused about the table shown at
>
>   https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/sys-kernel/gentoo-sources
>
> There are two rows for some versions (e.g. 4.9.6-r1), with different
> indicators.  What does that mean?

AFAIK that's a (known?) bug.

--
Marc Joliet