On Sunday 09 October 2005 03:08, bruce harding wrote:
> I've got 2 sticks of Kingston HyperX 3200 DDR Registered & ECC.  Is it
> possible that this if I ran memtest86+ for 2 days straight and found no
> error that the memory could still be defective?
>
> I ask because I can't get a complete compile of glibc.  I have to
> restart the process at lease 3 times before the compile will complete.
>

> Let me know what you think.
> --

yes it is completly possible.

But it is also possible, that your PSU is not powerfull enough. A big compile
needs a lot of processing power and stresses the ram, so a lot of current is
needed - and some PSUs aren't able to cope with such a load -exspecially if
they are cheap and/or a little bit older.
Try another PSU, do you still have problems, RMA the ram.

Memtest86(+) is known not to find all errors.