Am Thu, 30 Mar 2017 07:39:04 -0500
schrieb Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com>:

> Kai Krakow wrote:
> > Am Wed, 29 Mar 2017 17:08:39 -0500
> > schrieb Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com>:
> >
> >> Peter Humphrey wrote:
>  [...]
> >> I tried it on one profile I have and it was not good.  It slowed
> >> Firefox to a crawl.  It took a good ten minutes just to get the
> >> add-ons manager to open and me to disable Ghostery.  Once I did
> >> that, it got better. After I restarted Firefox, it was back to
> >> normal.
> >>
> >> I suspect it clashes with another add-on I use.  I'm not sure which
> >> one so I'll have to play with it when I have more time to spend on
> >> it. Right now, forestry and gardening is taking up my time tho.
> > This suggests that one of the other addons is your real problem...
> >

> How is that?  It works fine without Ghostery?  What I suspect is
> happening, Ghostery and some other addon clashes.  I suspect that if I
> removed the other addons and installed Ghostery, it would work fine.
> After all, if it was as slow as it was when I installed it for
> everyone else, people would be complaining, a lot.  It renders
> Firefox basically unusable.  I just don't have time to test it to see
> which one it clashes with right now.
>
> I have quite a few addons installed.  This isn't the first time I've
> had two addons clash.

Okay, point for you: The clash is maybe your real problem. ;-)

But as I read in the other reply, you fixed it by rebuilding some
packages. I think I stopped using Firefox completely when those
graphics acceleration problems started. BTW, this is even a problem
with older Intel drivers in Windows.

And I eventually also stopped using Firefox because it becomes a
sluggish monster with many addons installed. Poor quality addons are a
real problem for it.

--
Regards,
Kai