On Sat, 6 May 2017 10:08:36 -0400, Philip Webb wrote:

> >> I use xsane for scanning, which also works well ...
> >> I can't figure out how to use the sheet feeder for multipage
> >> scanning.
> > I use gscan2pdf for that. I've used it to scan hundreds of pages
> > into a single document, only stopping to top up the document feeder.
>
> It wants to install  49 pkgs  of Perl +  1  more as requirements
> (grimace).

Yes, but Perl packages are tiny.

> Why do PDF utilities seem to demand so much external support ?

It's a Perl script, most of what it does is handled by existing modules.
What's wrong with that? If the program did it all itself, it would be
bigger than the dependencies it uses, and they wouldn't be available for
anything else.

--
Neil Bothwick

Hey, Odo! Got anymore of that Jell-O in the fridge? Odo?