On Sat, 06 May 2017 19:22:50 -0400, allan gottlieb wrote:

> I received many helpful replies, each of which recommend a tool other
> than sane.  Is the point that sane can't use the document feeder or just
> that you prefer (or simply have used) other tools.

SANE is mainly intended as the infrastructure for scanning. The other
tools, with the exception if IScan, all use SANE but provide a more
functional interface.

For example, gscan2pdf that I use supports both single and double sided
ADF and can also scan a bunch of pages twice if your scanner only does
single sided. It provides a number of post scan processing tools and can
save in a variety of formats. But at its heart it uses libsane.

--
Neil Bothwick

If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?