I've added iommu=pt to my kernel command line, and now have;

[    1.240242] AMD-Vi: Found IOMMU at 0000:00:00.2 cap 0x40

I was looking at IOMMU in the hope that my Win10 vmware guest would be more
stable. No change, however.

> APU?
> I was under the impression that those CPU's used a different chipset,
> not the 990FX.

Thanks for clearing up my confusion on the location of the IOMMU being the
CPU, not the chipset. FWIW i'm using an FX-8350.

The APU comment was with respect to CONFIG_AMD_IOMMU_V2. I believe FX CPU
just uses CONFIG_AMD_IOMMU - that's certainly working for me with the
FX-8350.