Hello, Raphael.

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 08:49:07 -0300, Raphael MD wrote:
> Hi,

> I've installed kde 5 on my laptop, who have us keyboard.

> My Gentoo was installed with pt-BR and en-US L10N and locale.

> Despite that fact that I'm running a English system, I need to write in
> Portuguese.

> The problem is, when I type ~+a, my system writes ~a and not my desired
> chapter ã, the same for '+c that is showed 'c and not ç.

> I've realised when I set my keyboard config at kde, abnt2-br, keys
> combinations works well to show Latin characters, but when I set us generic
> keyboard, that is my keyboard layout, those key combinations to obtain
> Latin characters goes wrong.

> Anybody can suffered that?

Yes, I had basically the same problem when I wanted to enhance my
British English X keyboard layout to allow me to type German characters
with the <AltGr> key, etc.

I contributed the method of doing this to the Gentoo wiki at
<http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Keyboard_layout_switching#Enhancing_an_X_keyboard_layout>.

It's quite involved, and you have to patch source files to do it.

Best of luck!

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).