* Fernando Meira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005-10-09 23:10]:
> Hi,

Hi,

> I know this is a well discussed topic.. but I can't find answer to my
> problem.. and I'm completely lost in all mails/forums..
>
> I have a ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility M6 LY and I been using
> "radeon" driver from kernel.

I have M7 LW but they are very similar I believe...

> In order to enable rendering, I been looking around and after no success I
> was told that I should use fglrx driver from proprietary ATI-drivers! Tried
> it, but no deal! Then I was again told that these drivers were not to my
> card, and that radeon should made it.

Yes, I think so.

> So, I'm back to radeon but still no rendering. However, there's noting
> saying the opposite unless:
> # glxinfo | grep -i rendering
> direct rendering: No

[...]

Did you compile agp, drm, radeon into kernel or as modules?
There are some issues (or at least there were) with this.

Mine works like this:
CONFIG_AGP=y
CONFIG_AGP_INTEL=y
CONFIG_DRM=y
CONFIG_DRM_RADEON=y

(Some people suggest compiling radeon as module but it works
for me this way)

Any dmesg output?

Robert