On 24 August 2017 10:55:52 GMT+02:00, Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Thursday, 24 August 2017 09:36:43 BST J. Roeleveld wrote:
>
>> I can handle HTML emails and won't complain. (As long as they don't
>set some
>> idiotic font or background colours)
>
>I don't mind messages which contain both formats and let the mail
>client
>render the content according to the preferences of the recipient; i.e.
>message with:

>which contains:

>However, I have found some mail clients, especially Microsoft web based
>
>mailers, send a Base64 blob which *only* contains HTML.  I don't like
>receiving these and depending on the sender I delete them.
>

>> But top-posting when replying to emails makes for unnecessary
>difficult
>> reading.
>>
>> --
>> Joost
>
>Top-posting when the message is a threaded conversation does not help.
>Some
>mobile apps and webmail interfaces make it really difficult to respond
>inline,
>so I don't mind being flexible on this matter.
>
>PS.  I like this list just as it is.  Plain text and no-top posting -
>thank
>you.  :-)

The mobile app I use on my phone (k9mail) can be configured to put the reply
underneath.

I type in a field that is at the top. But it is pasted at the bottom.

I can also reply inline, but that is more cumbersome using a phone.

I do not see why technical people still claim bottom posting is impossible
using mobile apps. And claiming it is because of some hypersecure email account
doesn't make sense for a publicly archived mailing list.

--
Joost