On 2017-09-27 02:38, Kai Krakow wrote:

> If you don't want (or cannot) upgrade, you have two options:
>
>   1. Prepare to maintain your own overlay and deal with it
>
>   2. Don't use a rolling release distribution
>
> Personally, and since you seem to know enough to manage your own
> overlay, I'd stick to #1.

I do so already, and in fact my initial workaround was to fork the
ebuild in my repo, pretty much like you recommend.

But I didn't know that this was the official way of stopping upgrades.
I thought package.mask was that, and I think that's what the Handbook
(or maybe some other part of the wiki) recommends.