On 2017-10-12 07:11, Thomas Mueller wrote:

> You could possibly copy Gentoo scripts to /usr/local/gentoo-scripts,
> or would that not work with your scripts as set up?
>
> You would have to be careful setting up your PATH in .profile and
> /etc/profile , to make sure it includes the proper LOCALBASE.

But this is not enough: this is exactly what I mean in my penultimate
paragraph.  What about cron, for example?  I think the Linux crons put
/usr/local/{bin,sbin} in the PATH of the jobs.  Now I have to worry
about the new location also being included.

Similarly with ssh (when not interactive, so .profile is not read), and
so on yada yada.