On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 6:03 PM, taii...@gmx.com <taii...@gmx.com> wrote:
> Using ME cleaner would also solve the issue and you wouldn't need any more
> firmware updates when the next "bug" comes around.

Intel ME has been found to remain active after being disabled, and
some motherboards that do not ship as "vPro enabled" and consequently
haven't had the licensing paid for certain features have been found
with those same features enabled. I own an Asus laptop which is
affected. Some Asus forum post reported that there's a Java-based SOAP
webserver listening on the port associated with Intel ME. Intel ME is
not visible to the BIOS, and so it can't be turned any more "off."

Cheers,
     R0b0t1