On 11/23/2017 12:47 AM, R0b0t1 wrote:

I think the information I outlined is a pretty good argument for assuming the ME
can not be disabled.

Even if true, there's not much to be done about it anyway
Yeah it certainly can't be disabled (I argue this point on a regular basis to no avail), as in non functional as it is involved in the pre-BIOS-boot process. A certain low-morals company claims that they "disable" it with me_cleaner (they also infer they made it) but that is impossible.

To me disabled is no electricity flowing through it/physically disconnected and that couldn't be the case without enough money and resources to the point where one could simply make a POWER laptop with the current lot of POWER9 CPU's (ie: downclock and do some power saving engineering) - so de-facto impossible.