On 09/12/2017 02:47, Alexey Eschenko wrote:
> Except that fact that I didn't unmasked it.

You must have had a tree checkout slightly newer than mine. I just
synced here and see that the mask has now been removed.

It's quite unusual to unmask an alpha version, maybe raise it on b.g.o ?

For the rest, that's just how blockers go unfortunately. There is no
easy way for the maintainer to communicate to you at emerge time *why*
the blocker is there, you just see the effect that it *is* there.

It's proper to block package B if new version of package A provides the
same features and they collide. But portage is stuck with nowhere to go
if you happen to have package B in world.

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com