On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 09:02:24PM +0000, Wols Lists wrote
> On 10/12/17 10:13, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
> > I've no idea how good systemd is.  It's not been through the normal
> > process of choice and selection that other successful packages have.
> > It was forced on people.  But being forced to have a binary system log,
> > being forced (so I have heard) to have an http server running, ....,
> > doesn't make it an attractive package for me.
>
> Oddly enough, although the details are different, that passage I've
> quoted pretty accurately describes how I feel about Gnome ... :-)

  I can't find it right now on Google, but I vaguely remember that
Lennart asked the Gnome people to make systemd a hard dependancy.  Not
much later logind, which is required by Gnome, picks up systemd as a
hard dependancy.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>