On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 10:58:04AM -0700, Rob wrote
> I have never seen this behavior except with the Gentoo mozilla-bin port.
> It is not rendering text correctly.  I have tried Arial Truetype font
> and ordinary fonts.  What is does is print the letters of text with huge
> spaces between them.  It does not occur on all web pages, but enough to
> be really annoying.  I do not know if this is a port problem or a basic
> mozilla problem.  Has any one else seen this? the mozilla version is 1.7.12

Problem
=======
  I had the exact same problem in Firefox.  What's happening is that you
are setting up *YOUR* fonts, but the browser is using *THE WEBPAGE'S*
fonts, so what you do has no effect.

Solution
========
  The Mozilla menu sequence might be slightly different.  In Firefox, it
was as follows...

Edit
Preferences
General
Fonts & Colors

  Near the bottom of the "Fonts & Colors" tab, check the option...
Always use my: [X] Fonts

  Now *YOUR* font choices should take effect.

--
Walter Dnes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
An infinite number of monkeys pounding away on keyboards will