On 2017-12-31 01:56, Peter Humphrey wrote:

> If you don't mind my asking, what factors make you prefer vanilla to
> gentoo sources? (I assume that's what you use.)

One reason is security fixes.  Sometimes longterm vanilla already
includes the fixes from mainline, and when it does not, I know that the
diff will nearly always apply because they are just two branches of the
same git tree.

The other reason is the extra kconfig options in the gentoo sources,
which are on by default and I don't want any of them.  I don't remember
anymore but I _think_ at some point it wouldn't let me turn them off
without extreme violence.