On 2018-01-02, Adam Carter <adamcart...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I am looking for a command line tool...
>> I want to do 'mass dithering' and want neither a gui nor a
>> heavy program like The Gimp.
>>
>> I checked pbmplus and found no useful part for that porpuse...
>
> Does this do what you want? Its installed by default with imagemagick
>
> http://www.imagemagick.org/script/convert.php

Indeed.  Anytime you want to do anything via command line with
bitmapped graphics, the first place you look is Imagemagick:

 http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/quantize/

Or more specifically

 http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/quantize/#monochrome

If you don't find what you want in Imagemagick, the second place you
look is Imagemagick -- it's probably there and you missed it the first
time.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I want a WESSON OIL
                                  at               lease!!