Am Sonntag, 8. April 2018, 02:18:21 CEST schrieb
mad.scientist.at.la...@tutanota.com:
> The obvious solution is to leave a keyboard attached, OR make the computer
> think so with one of the adapters that let you use ps/2 peripherals on a
> machine that only has usb.  They always show up as a keyboard and mouse to
> the computer, even if only the adapter is plugged in.  They have them on
> ebay etc., from $1 up.

Yeah, I did hear about those while researching the problem (forgot to mention,
sorry), but thanks for pointing out how cheap they are.  I'll probably go that
route if I find no other solution, though I've also considered just using it
as a desktop, since it's more powerful than my current one, but was also
looking forward to a home server with more disk space :-/ .

--
Marc Joliet
don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup