On 18-04-10 at 10:55, Christoph Böhmwalder wrote:
> I was wondering how the OpenRC dependencies between start scripts work.
>
> Basically, I have two network interfaces on my laptop (wlp3s0 and
> enp0s20u2u3 for wireless and ethernet respectively).  When I start the
> wireless interface service (rc-service net.wlp3s0 start) the OpenVPN
> service starts and vice versa.  That's great, but I didn't configure
> that anywhere.
What does your /etc/runlevels/ look like? Is the openvpn service in one
of the runlevels? Are either of your network interfaces in one of the
runlevels?

> What's even worse is that when I'm not connected via WiFi (i.e.
> ethernet), the VPN service won't start because net.wlp3s0 isn't started:
[..]
> Why would it do that, can I configure this anywhere?
Also check /etc/rc.conf and try setting rc_depend_strict="NO". I do wish
there were a way to modify require/provides without having to edit the
init scripts themselves.

--
Simon Thelen