On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 09:28:10AM -0400, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
> This is half the problem, but the OpenVPN init script probably shouldn't
> have "need net" in its depend() function to begin with. It runs fine
> with only the loopback interface up.

That's exactly why I got confused.  Shouldn't it be possible to just
"tie" openvpn to _any_ network interface?  It's especially weird how it
just magically defaults to the wifi interface (it is in runlevel
default, but still).  Very unclear imo.

> You could try to file a bug for that with
>
>   https://github.com/OpenRC/openrc/blob/master/service-script-guide.md
>
> as a reference. There's a section titled "Be wary of 'need net'
> dependencies" that covers the issue.

That does look like it addresses the issue.  I'll try and poke around
in there.

Thanks!

--
Regards,