> That's what I was afraid of.  I'm going to go up to my friends in a bit,
> to look at deer pics from our trail cameras, and I'll get the brand and
> model and do some googling, startpaging for me.  I was hoping that
> modern ones would 'Just Work' but I guess they are still picky.
>
> I've been using Gentoo since about that time too.  While I'm not opposed
> to switching to something else, I'm not really wanting to either.  ;-)
>
> Thanks for the info.
>
> Dale
>
> :-)  :-)

I wouldn't be leaving Gentoo if there wasn't need but sadly these
days, for my computing needs, there is. Gentoo's been a great distro
but for my work but over the last 2-3 years it's gotten too hard to
keep things that aren't in portage working correctly so I'm giving
into the ease of Ubuntu. I've had to run Ubuntu as a VM for the last 2
years. No update has taken more than 5 minutes. No update has failed.
My wife's machine running Kubuntu has been easy. This install was
about 15 minutes. The update was about 15 minutes. She's happy and
happy wife is a happy life so off I go.

Good luck with your DVD work.

Cheers,
Mark