On 2018-05-23, tu...@posteo.de <tu...@posteo.de> wrote:

> I have to apologise: I overlooked a certain option of rlwrap:
>
>   rlwrap -a picocom -b 115200 --imap lfcrlf,crcrlf -s /usr/local/bin/msend
> /dev/ttyACM0
>
> or
>
>   rlwrap -a tio -b 115200 -d 8 -s 1 -p none -m INLCRNL /dev/ttyACM0
>
> or similiar does the job perfectly.

Brilliant!

Thanks for following up with the solution.  After decades of using
serial ports on Linux, I still didn't know about picocom or tio.  I'll
make a note of them and how to use them with rlwrap!

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Those people look
                                  at               exactly like Donnie and