180626 Rich Freeman wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 8:58 PM Philip Webb <purs...@ca.inter.net> wrote:
>> Does anyone know why the latest stable version of Gentoo-sources is 4.9.xx ?
>> I installed 4.9.16 , which I continue to use, on 2017-04-06 .
>> The tree contains versions of 4.14 4.16 4.17 , but all are still testing.
> I tend to just use my own upstream kernels. I'm following the 4.14 longterm
> and generally update within a few days of any release.
> That said, I have been burned by the odd regression.

Thanks for the other info (snipped).  All Vanilla-sources are testing,
which seems to correspond to your "upstream" kernels.

What does this say re recent kernel development or Gentoo's kernel team ?
-- very quick thanks as always to Gentoo's volunteer developers,
but something seems to be going astray here (smile).

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca