180626 Rich Freeman wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 8:58 PM Philip Webb <purs...@ca.inter.net> wrote:
>> Does anyone know why the latest stable version of Gentoo-sources is 4.9.xx ?
>> I installed 4.9.16 , which I continue to use, on 2017-04-06 .
>> The tree contains versions of 4.14 4.16 4.17 , but all are still testing.
> I believe that some had been complaining about stability issues with 4.14,
> but personally I've been fine with it, and since I have a Ryzen CPU
> I want something that has the SMT support enabled ...
> I don't know what the Gentoo plans are for 4.14 -
> I know they've been avoiding it for a while.
> I'm not sure if they ever plan to move to it
> or if they're just hoping to skip it entirely.
> I think we sb getting a new longterm sometime in the next few months.

Well, wonders never cease (smile) : Gentoo-sources-4.14.52 is now stable !

I've emerged it & will probably install it tomorrow.
Hopefully, this will also allow me to upgrade to Nvidia-drivers-396.24-r1 .

As always, my thanks to the volunteers involved.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca