Dr Valdés, I'd really like to know more. Are you using a compositor; what desktop environment? If I had had the positive experience you speak of, I would adopt Nouveau in a heartbeat. Nvidia has clearly shown their lack of interest in the Linux community by shunning higher console resolutions, leaving a display port blanking bug unresolved for about 2 years and haphazardly fixing bugs with features reported to be working on miscellaneous branches of the driver, unreleased to the unwashed masses (read up about Vulkan support, esp vs Rise of the Tomb Raider).

I would accept a framerate hit for an open-source driver. But rebooting my main machine daily is off the cards. If I wanted that, I'd use that other OS. I develop on that other OS, but my development machine can be rebooted any time. My home machine has shit to get done.

-d