> On 2018-09-17, at 19:51, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Sounds like a mess.  The Gentoo stable versions _seem_ to work OK
> together at the moment (for the apps I've tried), but the warning
> every time you run one doesn't inspire confidence.

That would be enough for me to stop using packages that rely on it. 2014 is a
long time ago for any major package like this. I would expect crashes and
instability with such apps. If I really need it, I would find another way to
get the latest versions of wxPython and wxGTK installed. Maybe an overlay has
that set up. Or you can build a local copy of the packages and use them that
way.

Andrew