On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 5:36 PM Nikos Chantziaras <rea...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 03/11/2018 06:43, Alan Grimes wrote:
> > How did they make it so that 40% of ordinary zip files I try to open
> > with konqueror fail CRC (but work perfectly from the command line)....
> >
> > It used to have nice large icon mode with previews, and nice small-icons
> > in normal mode... Broken too for many months now. =\
> >
> > Akregator crashes all the time if I simply try to close a tab... It went
> > about three years without saving anything to disk when it's supposed to
> > buffer my RSS feeds. Now it's just crashtastic in the extreme...
>
> Plasma in itself is not too bad. I use Plasma, but not Konqueror or
> Akregator. Find the applications that work best for you. Just because
> you use Plasma doesn't mean you need to use the rest of KDE's
> applications ;-)
>
> My browser is Firefox, my email client is Thunderbird, my image viewer
> is eog (Eye of GNOME), etc, etc.
>
> I think my only KDE application is my file manager, which is Dolphin.

Plasma has some rough patches but the code quality is a lot better
than previous KDE frameworks. It improves regularly, so please keep
complaints current.

I do understand though - it has gotten a bit less stable since I last
tried it, but I think it is time to try it again. For my daily driver
I tend to use i3 though.

Cheers,
    R0b0t1