On 12/1/18 8:38 PM, Dale wrote:
It's been a while but last I used Fluxbox, it was tiny.  If you just do
a basic install, it isn't much to it.  Of course, it isn't feature rich
either but it should run well on a low powered machine or consume very
little resources on a bigger system.  I've got two fluxbox packages
installed here.  Here is some info on them.

root@fireball / # equery s x11-themes/fluxbox-styles-fluxmod x11-wm/fluxbox
  * x11-themes/fluxbox-styles-fluxmod-20050128-r1
          Total files : 1539
          Total size  : 4.22 MiB

  * x11-wm/fluxbox-1.3.7-r3
          Total files : 339
          Total size  : 3.89 MiB
root@fireball / #

I'm not sure the top one is needed.  I think I installed it so I could
tweak a few things.  At one point, I thought about switching, back when
KDE was a disaster.

I'm sure others will have ideas but you may want to check into Fluxbos.
Install time is pretty short.  If you don't like it, just unmerge it.  I
keep it installed here just in case a KDE update goes sideways.

Dale

:-)  :-)

Thanks Dale!

After the new stable 4.14.x kernel finishes compiling I think I'll give that a try. I completely forgot about fluxbox. The one I was thinking about was maybe enlightenment, but there are likely many of these things out there.

On that machine I don't even boot to a login manager of any sort. So keeping things simple is great.

Dan