On 12/1/18 9:07 PM, Dale wrote:

You may want to google to be sure but I think the command can be
something like:

startx <path to fluxbox> Should be /usr/bin/fluxbox.

That's if you want to start it manually each time.  There are others
ways if you want.  I think the only requirement is a working video card
driver, nvidia-drivers in my case.

Hope you find something you like.  You are right, there are a LOT of
them out there.

Dale

:-)  :-)

I decided to follow the wiki entry for fluxbox. Simply using `exec startfluxbox` was enough to get me started.

I'm currently trying a couple terminals. xterm is pretty basic, I tried eterm based on fluxbox's recommendation (but the package in gentoo doesn't have a maintainer...) and am compiling gnusteps-apps/terminal that was recommended as a decent terminal app. That one has a few dependencies, including clang, but we'll see how it performs.

Fluxbox is so light that I'm considering using it on my mythtv frontends with a terminal that I haven't quite decided on yet as a backup in case I need to do troubleshooting.

Dan
Dan