Mick wrote:

> I can think of 3 things, but more learned M/L contributors may add to these:
>
> 1. The SATA connection has come loose.  With time and movement it can come
> (slightly) adrift.  Pushing it back in fully fixes this problem - also see No.
> 2 below.
>
> 2. The physical connector's contacts are beginning to oxidise.  Reseat the
> SATA cable connectors both on the drive and any ribbons on the MoBo.  This
> usualy cleans any oxidisation.

I recently had to replace a SATA cable because it was causing errors on
a drive.  I tried reseating it because that usually works but in that
case, it must have been a bad wire somewhere inside the cable.  Maybe at
some point it was bent around to much or something and was weak or
almost broken.  Once I replaced the cable, the drive started working
correctly.

I mention that to say this.  Just try another cable even if only
temporarily if you can.  It's one sure way to know that isn't the
problem at least.

Dale

:-)  :-)