On Mon, 25 Mar 2019 08:50:09 +0000, Mick wrote:

> In my system I also only have 2.7 and 3.6 installed:
>
> $ eselect python list
> Available Python interpreters, in order of preference:
>   [1]   python3.6
>   [2]   python2.7 (fallback)
>
> However, python-exec.conf only contains 3.6 ... from what you're saying
> it should contain both?  Or are they both present only if you have not
> set up a python version with eselect? (I have set python3.6).

I'm not saying what should be, only what mine is.

% eselect python list
Available Python interpreters, in order of preference:
  [1]   python2.7
  [2]   python3.6 (fallback)

I set python2.7 as the default because some older python scripts are for
python2 but don't specify the version in the shebang. I suspect you are
right but you could try setting the default to 2.7 and then back to 3.6
to see if that changes the file.

--
Neil Bothwick

Oxymoron: Reagan memoirs.