Howdy,

I'm looking at printers.  I been wanting a toner based printer for a
LONG time now.  I'm so tired of those poorly made ink jet things that
don't last long at all.  I've found one so far.  According to the
printer support website, Linux supports it.  [1]  The site says this:
"Color printer, works Perfectly".  Sounds good.  This is the model.
Brother HL-L3270CDW  Now I googled some, which can be dangerous at
times, and not sure this is a printer I want.  It seems to be light duty
and I suspect when I first get this thing, I'm going to be printing a
LOT of stuff.  According to a spec sheet on the cartridge, it does about
3,000 pages for black and 2,300 for color.  Should I try to find a
printer that does more than this or is that about the norm?

I did some searching on duty cycles and such.  This one shows this:
Duty Cycle: Up to 30,000  Would that be OK for a printer for home use,
likely heavy use the first couple months?  What sort of life should I
expect from this type of printer?

Any insight on this would be nice.  As some know, I'm on fixed income so
I'd like to get a printer that can handle my needs and not be breaking
to much.  I wouldn't mind having cartridges that can either be refilled
or are affordable too.  Sometimes just a few dollars more can get you a
lot more printing.  BTW, I don't need one that scans or anything.  I
have a scanner already.  If there is one that is a really dependable one
that has a scanner, I wouldn't pass it up just for that but it isn't
needed.  Mostly, I just want a printer that is economical and dependable.

Thanks much.

Dale

:-)  :-)

1: https://www.openprinting.org/printer/Lexmark/Lexmark-C2325dw