On 4/21/19 4:27 AM, Rich Freeman wrote:
You will pay for it VERY quickly.  A good color laser costs $200.  An
inkjet plus the first set of cartridges, which will last six months
together, will cost you $100-150 (one way or another - either with a
cheap printer with super-expensive cartridges, or an expensive printer
with more reasonable cartridges).

There is a reason just about any company with professional IT uses
laser printers.  They're just way cheaper to operate long-term, and
really long-term works out to be something like a year.  They also
don't print photos (more on that below).

Most companies with IT no longer bother with laser printers, they'll use large print centres (like copiers) which have a low cost-per-page (black and white can be under 1c/page.) We have retired most of our laser printers.

We still have a backup laser printer... from memory it's a Kyocera P5021cdw (we got them on sale for a bit over $500 CAD) - but this is the only printer I've come across that has a cost per page comparable to a copier/large print station. It's a bit more expensive per page, but compared to HP for example it was almost half the cost to run. Unfortunately I don't remember the numbers...

Dan