On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 11:51 AM Alan Mackenzie <a...@muc.de> wrote:

> At this stage, /lib32 should be a symlink.  I think that step 12 means
> just the symlink should be removed, NOT all the stuff inside what it
> points to.
>
> So I think what you should do is:
>
>     $ rm /lib32
>
> , but definitely NOT a recursive rm on that symlink.

This is the correct answer.  Large scale breakage should not be an
issue if you've followed the other instructions.  It is possible that
something minor might break, but this is all 32-bit stuff.  I ran
revdep-rebuild immediately after removing the symlink and it found
nothing wrong, but this is probably a step you can do to be
extra-sure.

--
Rich