On Mon, 24 Jun 2019 08:36:50 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:

> > > But it's not supported.
> >
> > In what way. I've just tried emerging lvm2 with
> > USE="device-mapper-only -thin" and it installed the device-mapper
> > stiff but none of the lvm executables, which seems to be exactly what
> > is wanted.
>
> use.local.desc:sys-fs/lvm2:device-mapper-only - Build only
> device-mapper and not the rest of LVM2 (UNSUPPORTED)

Aha!

So the choice is between an unsupported configuration or installing a
handful of binaries that you will never use. Unless space was an issue,
there's about 6NB difference, I'd go with the latter, although
UNSUPPORTED != DOESNOTWORK

--
Neil Bothwick

I've got a Mickey Mouse PC with a Goofy operating system.