On Sun, 07 Jul 2019 23:42:24 -0400, John Covici wrote:

> Hi.  I have discovered that I cannot upgrade to zfs 0.8.x.  The
> problem seems to be that there is no sys-kernel/spl-0.8.x at all.  I
> have seen on the zfs list that people are upgrading to 0.8, so what is
> happening here -- is this somehow another unmaintained package or
> someting?

spl is now part of the zfs package and no longer a separate ebuild.
Portage should take care of it for you. There was a thread about this
when zfs-0.8.0 first hit the tree.

--
Neil Bothwick

I heard someone tried the monkeys-on-typewriters bit trying for the plays
of W. Shakespeare but all they got was the collected works of Francis
Bacon