On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 7:46 AM John Covici <cov...@ccs.covici.com> wrote:

> OK, so I successfully did build 0.8.1, but it does not like my root
> file system parameter, dracut chokes and puts me in an emergency shell
> and I have to mount it manually.  I tried root=rpool and
> root=rpool/root which dracut completely said unable to continue and if
> I omit the root= altogether like I have done in previous versions, it
> says it can't mount the root file system, and throws me into the
> emergency shell where I can mount it manually.  I do have rpool/root
> designated as rootfs.

I'm not sure if this is a dracut issue or a zfs issue, but on my zfs
0.7.13 system I have:
root=ZFS=fast/root

...where fast/root is the pool/dataset I'm using.

You might try adding the ZFS= to your root string.  I wasn't aware it
would even work otherwise.

I have yet to try 0.8 - I'm not in a huge rush though I'm sure the
TRIM support will help.  I'm content to let everybody else run into
issues like this for me...  :)

--
Rich