On 2019-09-23 16:22, Walter Dnes wrote:

> There appear to be "media-sound/jack" and "media-sound/jack2" ebuilds.
> Both of them are tagged "~amd64".  There's also
> media-sound/jack-audio-connection-kit  Which one(s) do I use?

It's the last one, I'm pretty sure.

> Youtube is a bad example to use.  There are various other HTML5
> streaming websites, which don't work with youtube-dl.  Plus I also want
> to be able to record video games and any other desktop app in general.
> What I want is to "tee" the audio output so that I can record while
> monitoring it.

Long ago, I digitized my vinyl and audio tape collection this way, with
the input coming over good old analog audio cable.  I did it with pure
ALSA, no jack was needed.  I _think_ there was a knob either in
alsamixer or in arecord to do the "tee", but I don't really remember.