On Wed, 27 Nov 2019 14:30:54 -0500, Rich Freeman wrote:

> Generally I don't host anything on a router
> that isn't directly related to its mission, so that could include
> updating a dynamic DNS address, serving DHCP, or maybe serving DNS.

I don't even do that. I have dnsmasq, as used by DD-WRT and OpenWrt, set
up on two boxes on the network, but only running on one. That gives an
easy switchover in case of failure. Which reminds me, I really should set
up monit to do automatic failover on this.

--
Neil Bothwick

The cow is nothing but a machine that makes grass fit for us people to
eat.