On 2019-11-25 15:53, Ralph Seichter wrote:

> https://www.ripe.net/ripe/mail/archives/ripe-list/2019-November/001712.html
>
> This does not come as a surprise, of course, but I consider it a good
> point in time to pause and ask oneself what each individual can do to
> move further towards IPv6. The end is neigh(ish).

So, how to configure IPv6 on an end user gentoo box (not a router)?
This is my entire etc/conf.d/net right now:

dns_domain_lo="foo.bar.baz"
config_enp2s0="192.168.1.10 netmask 255.255.255.0"
routes_enp2s0="default via 192.168.1.1"

(and a couple of fixed nameservers in /etc/resolv.conf)

Note it's a static IPv4 address.  I don't run a DHCP client, and I don't
want to start one just for IPv6.  I hoped to find instructions on how to
do the equivalent for IPv6, but a search on the wiki didn't return
anything obvious - the hits are for router configuration.

My router (running OpenWRT) already has an IPv6 prefix, so I assume all
I need to do is to assign myself a full IPv6 address in that range.  But
I don't know how.