Peter Humphrey wrote:
> On Saturday, 28 December 2019 05:57:16 GMT Dale wrote:
>> Peter Humphrey wrote:
>>> What happens if you switch off file indexing in the control panel, or just
>>> its subsidiary option Also Index file content? Workspace > Search >
>>> Enable File Search.
>> I looked around in the System Settings window and can't find that
>> setting.  Am I looking in the right place?  I sort of think this is a
>> separate thing tho.  It may be using the same tool but won't be
>> controlled by system settings.  Anything is possible tho.  I'll
>> certainly test the option if I can find it. ;-)
> I may have misled you by calling it the Control Panel. It's actually System
> Settings > Workspace > Search > Enable File Search.
>
> I wouldn't expect your wallpaper operations to be affected by this, but then
> what do I know about it?   ;)

I must have it disabled by a USE flag or something because there is no
mention of search in the list.  I recall disabling some stuff when I was
switching to KDE4.  On the rare occasion I need to find something, there
is locate, find and friends.  Plus, Dolphin and other file managers have
their own search tools anyway.

Worth a shot I guess.  ;-)

Dale

:-)  :-)