On Saturday, 28 December 2019 18:14:05 GMT Dale wrote:
> Mick wrote:

> >> I must have it disabled by a USE flag or something because there is no
> >> mention of search in the list.  I recall disabling some stuff when I was
> >> switching to KDE4.
> >
> > It is probably USE="semantic-desktop":
> >
> > $ euse -i semantic-desktop
> > global use flags (searching: semantic-desktop)
> > [+  D   ] semantic-desktop - Cross-KDE support for semantic search and
> > information retrieval
> >
> > local use flags (searching: semantic-desktop)
> > [+  D   ] semantic-desktop
> >
> >     media-gfx/digikam: Enable kde-frameworks/kfilemetadata support
> >
> >         [+  ] (5) 6.3.0-r1 [gentoo]
> >         [+  ] (5) 6.4.0 [gentoo]
>
> I'm pretty much certain you are right.  That rings a bell in those cells
> between my ears.  It is turned off in make.conf too.  I can't recall
> what all that thing did but I remember people not wanting it.  I just
> followed a bunch of others on that.  Can't be to important since I do
> what I need to without it.  lol
>
> Dale
>
> :-)  :-)

Wikipedia explains what semantic search is.  Pretty much what Google does when
your search for something and you find a bunch of MSWindows answers coming up
top, annoying the hell out you!  LOL!

PS. I tend to add "-Windows" in many searches these days in order to keep my
blood pressure down.  :-p

--
Regards,
Mick