On Wed, 1 Jan 2020 20:27:34 -0600, Dale wrote:

> > If you wait for a few seconds after the backup is completed before
> > you unmount the drive, you should be OK.  Although it may slow down
> > or any LEDs flash less frequently the drive may not stop spinning,
> > unless there is some power save process taking control of it.
> >

> Given the speed, it is likely done when I tell the KDE thingy to
> unmount.  Usually, I start the backup and walk away for a few minutes.
> I do it with one of my scripts, if one can call what I do a script, and
> it does the date command at the end.

Add a sync command to the end of the script to make sure all filesystem
buffers are flushed to disk before it finishes.

--
Neil Bothwick

We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million
typewriters will eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare.
Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.