Howdy,

I ran into a issue with qt upgrades and it got interesting.  Since it
was part way through, some applications that I needed wouldn't open due
to a mismatch in versions.  When I tried to logout and back in, sddm
wouldn't come up either, same reason I assume.  Now that I'm back, I'm
wanting to see if I can do upgrades by building the packages first and
then using the -K option.  Thing is, when I tried that just now for the
rest of this huge upgrade, I get this little message at the bottom.

!!! --buildpkgonly requires all dependencies to be merged.
!!! Cannot merge requested packages. Merge deps and try again.

So, I have to emerge packages in order to emerge others.  I get that
packages depend on each other but is there a way around that?  Would I
need to set up a chroot and build it there or is there a better way.

Since it is the compiling that seems to cause issues generally, I'm
wanting to do that first and then it just install from the binary.  I
figure someone out there has found a good way to do this.  I just hope
someone is willing to share their good way to do this.  ;-)

Dale

:-)  :-)