On Mon, Feb 17, 2020 at 2:24 PM Nikos Chantziaras <rea...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 17/02/2020 21:05, Rich Freeman wrote:
> > I wouldn't use a chroot for anything at this point - anything you can
> > do with one you can do just as easily with a container, with more
> > separation.  They're just as easy to set up as well - I personally use
> > nspawn to run my containers but I'm sure lxc is almost as simple and
> > of course it doesn't require running systemd.
>
> nspawn seems very nice indeed. Haven't used it before, and that's simply
> because I never heard of it :-) Now that I did, it looks like it's what
> I'll be using from now on:
>
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Systemd-nspawn

Well, if you decide to play with it I'll offer up:
https://rich0gentoo.wordpress.com/2014/07/14/quick-systemd-nspawn-guide/

That, and:
ExecStart=/usr/bin/systemd-nspawn --quiet --keep-unit --boot
--link-journal=guest --directory=/path/to/container/root
--network-bridge=<brname>
KillMode=mixed
Type=notify

Though, if I didn't already have this recipe handy I'd be using nspawn
units I suppose.  Oh, this does require a bridge for your networking.
If you're using KVM you probably already have one set up - the
approach is identical.

Rich