Am 13.03.20 um 00:46 schrieb Neil Bothwick:
On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 00:31:23 +0100, hitachi303 wrote:

I do edit it every time X won't start. Then X does start. But
after updating and rebooting it has the old wrong line again.
You need to find out which ebuild is modifying it. Run "qlop -m" and
look for the package whose install time most closely matches the
modification time of the file. Then read the ebuild to see what is
going on. If an ebuild is setting this incorrectly, you may need to
file a bug report.

Since I did edit the file I cannot find a match. I will have to wait
until the problem occurs again.

It seems that file is created/modified by the mesa ebuild.

I would try removing the file and re-emerging mesa to see if it is
created with the correct content.

# mv -vi -- /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20opengl.conf .
# emerge -av1 mesa

mesa doesn't generate the file. So now there is NO file but X does start.