On Wednesday, 18 March 2020 19:02:56 GMT n952162 wrote:
> Incidentally, in order to debug that, I set the /etc/rc.conf *rc_logger*
> variable to YES:
>
> rc_logger="YES"
>
> I'm not sure why that's not the default, as it appears to be on ubuntu,
> assuming that similar-seeming functionality really is similar.

Because it fills up log files, potentially unnecessarily.  When you have a
problem you can always set it on during troubleshooting.

Glad you got it sorted.  I saw you were using /dev/disk/by-id directory
entries and thought that was an acceptable way to define devices - but didn't
look into it further.